Careers

Central Saanich, British Columbia

Head Route Setter

REPORTS TO: The Facility Manager
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: Negotiable, to commensurate with experience
CLOSING: Ongoing

More Details

Community focussed and driven by its mandate to make climbing accessible for everyone, regardless of ability or ability to pay, The Boulders Climbing Gym is unique not-for-profit society located in Central Saanich, BC. With over 13,000 square feet of varied climbing terrain, the gym supports a wide variety of climbing based programs and user groups in addition to facilitating a climbing academy at Stelly’s Secondary School.

We are recruiting a motivated and experienced head route setter to develop, supervise and mentor our setting team and to create high-quality climbing routes and boulder problems that cater to our diverse clientele.

The successful candidate will possess strong leadership capabilities and a thorough understanding of foundational setting strategies that reinforce climbing movement patterns, promote user enjoyment while minimizing risk, develop athletes and competitors, and support adaptive and rehabilitative programs. Supervision and oversight of the gym’s route setting program, including setting and maintenance, will account for roughly 75 percent of the role with the remaining 25 percent devoted to supporting other organisational projects as required.

Apply Now!

Don’t see a position you can apply for? We still want to hear from you. Submit your resume to our general resume box by emailing Derek at derek@climbtheboulders.com.