August 12, 2009
A Day in Paris
We’re on board the RER, heading back to Charles de Gaulle to pick-up stored luggage and mini-vans after a whirlwind 20 hours in Paris.
Between 11:30am yesterday (when we arrived at our hotel), and this morning, we:
- walked under the Eiffel Tower and had a picnic lunch in Trocadero Garden
- saw the Arc de Triump, Arc de Carrousel, and the (outside of the) Louvre
- walked across Pont Neuf to Ile de La Cite, and ate shaved ices in the shadow of Notre Dame (in 35 degree + heat)
- took the funicular up to Sacre Couer ate dinner in Montmarte and
- returned to the Eiffel Tower to watch the sun go down and the lights turn on
It was, according to Cole, epic.
We’ll be making the long drive to Chamonix today, and then heading into the Alps for a few days. Pictures on the way after the next leg of the adventure.